Can you define what is "virtual no traffic" sorry to be repetitive about
that, but I've worked on a lot of clusters in the past year and people have
wildly different ideas what that means.

unlogged batches of the same partition key are definitely a performance
optimization. Typically async is much faster and easier on the cluster when
you're using multip partition key batches.

nodetool cfhistograms <keyspace> <tablename>