If you are on 2.1.2+ (or using STCS) you don't those steps (should probably
update the blog post).

Now we keep separate levelings for the repaired/unrepaired data and move
the sstables over after the first incremental repair

But, if you are running 2.1 in production, I would recommend that you wait
until 2.1.3 is out, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-8316
fixes a bunch of issues with incremental repairs

-pr is sufficient, same rules apply as before, if you run -pr you need to
repair every node

/Marcus