After bootstrapping a node, the node repeatedly compacts the same tables over
and over, even though my cluster is completely idle. I’ve noticed the same
behavior after extended periods of heavy writes. I realize that during
bootstrapping (or extended periods of heavy writes) that compaction could get
seriously behind, but once a table has been compacted, I don’t see the need to
recompact the table dozens of more times.

Possibly related, I often see that OpsCenter reports that nodes have a large
number of pending tasks, when Pending column of the Thread Pool Stats doesn’t
reflect that.

Robert