From: Eric Stevens [mailto:migh...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 12:11 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tombstone gc after gc grace seconds

My understanding is consistent with Alain's, there's no way to force a
tombstone-only compaction, your only option is major compaction.  If you're
using size tiered, that comes with its own drawbacks.

I wonder if there's a technical limitation that prevents introducing a shadowed
data cleanup style operation (overwritten data, including deletes, plus
tombstones past their gc grace period); or maybe even couple it directly with
cleanup since most of the work (rewriting old SSTables) would be identical.  I
can't think of something off the top of my head, but it would be so useful that
it seems like there's got to be something I'm missing.

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 4:15 AM, Alain RODRIGUEZ