Hi all -

We currently have a single cassandra cluster that is dedicated to a
relatively narrow purpose, with just 2 tables.  Soon we will need cassandra
for another, unrelated, system, and my debate is whether to just add the
new tables to our existing cassandra cluster or whether to spin up an
entirely new, separate cluster for this new system.

Does anyone have pros/cons to share on this?  It appears from watching
talks and such online that the big users (e.g. Netflix, Spotify) tend to
favor multiple, single-purpose clusters, and thus that was my initial
preference.  But we are (for now) no where close to them in traffic so I'm
wondering if running an entirely separate cluster would be a premature
optimization which wouldn't pay for the (nontrivial) overhead in
configuration management and ops.  While we are still small it might be
much smarter to reuse our existing clusters so that I can get it done
faster...

Thanks!
- Ian