Thanks Robert !!!

As per the algorithm shared in the CASSANDRA 6654, I understand that
tombstone_threshold property only comes into picture if you have expirying
columns and it wont have any effect if you have manually deleted rows in cf. Is
my understanding correct?

According to you What would be the expected behavior of following steps??

I inserted x rows

I deleted x rows

Ran major compaction to make sure that one big sstable contains all tombstones

Waited for gc grace period to see whether that big sstable formed after major
compaction is compacted on its own without finding any other sstable

Thanks

Anuj

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android