Internode messages which are received by a node, but do not get not to be
processed within rpc_timeout are dropped rather than processed. As the
coordinator node will no longer be waiting for a response. If the Coordinator
node does not receive Consistency Level responses before the rpc_timeout it
will return a TimedOutException to the client.

I understand that, but that’s where this makes no sense. I’m running with RF=1,
and CL=QUORUM, which means each update goes to one node, and I need one
response for a success. I have many thousands of dropped mutation messages, but
no TimedOutExceptions thrown back to the client. If I have GC problems, or
other issues that are making my cluster unresponsive, I can deal with that. But
having writes that fail and no error is clearly not acceptable. How is it
possible to be getting errors and not be informed about them?

Thanks

Robert