Theres your problem, you're using the DataStax java driver :) I just ran
into this issue in the last week and it was incredibly frustrating. If you
are doing a simple loop on a "select * " query, then the DataStax java
driver will only process 2^31 rows (e.g. the Java Integer Max
(2,147,483,647)) before it stops w/o any error or output in the logs. The
fact that you said you only had about 2 billion rows but you are seeing
missing data is a red flag.

I found the only way around this is to do your "select *" in chunks based
on the token range (see this gist for an example:
https://gist.github.com/baholladay/21eb4c61ea8905302195 )
Just loop for every 100million rows and make a new query "select * from
TABLE where token(key) > lastToken"

Thanks,
Bryan