I have a cassandra cluster provides data to a web service. And there is a
daily batch load writing data into the cluster.

   - Without the batch loading, the service’s Latency 99thPercentile is
   3ms. But during the load, it jumps to 90ms.
   - I checked cassandra keyspace’s ReadLatency.99thPercentile, which jumps
   to 1ms from 600 microsec.
   - The service’s cassandra java driver request 99thPercentile was 90ms
   during the load

The java driver took the most time. I knew the Cassandra servers are busy
in writing, but I want to know what kinds of metrics can identify where is
the bottleneck so that I can tune it.

I’m using Cassandra 2.1.8 and Cassandra Java Driver 2.1.5.
​