ouch.. OK.. I think I really shot myself in the foot here then.  This might
be bad.

I'm not sure if I would have missing data.  I mean basically the data is on
the other nodes.. but the cluster has been running with 10 nodes
accidentally bootstrapped with auto_bootstrap=false.

So they have new data and seem to be missing values.

this is somewhat misleading... Initially if you start it up and run
nodetool status , it only returns one node.

So I assumed auto_bootstrap=false meant that it just doesn't join the
cluster.

I'm running a nodetool repair now to hopefully fix this.