On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 1:13 AM, Enrico Sola <sola.enrico...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi, I'm new to Cassandra and I've recently upgraded to 3.0.0 on Ubuntu
> Linux 14.04 LTS, through apt-get upgrade not manual installation, after the
> update all was fine so I could access to my keyspaces using cqlsh but I
> can't access to Cassandra using DataStax PHP Driver because I get this
> error: "No hosts available for the control connection”.
> The connection parameters are the same of 2.2.3 version (and was working
> fine).
> I don't know if is this a bug or a problem of the PHP driver but my
> systems use Cassandra and are now offline, so it's a known issue with a
> solution?

I don't think the PHP driver supports Cassandra 3.0 yet.  There were some
changes to the system schema tables that are probably preventing it from
connecting successfully.

> I tried also to downgrade to 2.2.3 version but after that Cassandra didn't
> start due to keyspace loading problem, I'm just looking for a quick
> solution so doesn't matter if I have to downgrade to 2.2.3, so how can I do
> the downgrade without lose my datas?

Downgrading major versions isn't supported, which is why we recommend that
you take a snapshot before upgrading.  Your only real option for
downgrading without data loss is to dump your data (using cqlsh's COPY TO
or something similar) and then re-load it on 2.2 (using cqlsh's COPY FROM
or something similar).

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>