This explains the new release plans in detail:
http://www.planetcassandra.org/blog/cassandra-2-2-3-0-and-beyond/

3.0.1 and 3.1 are a special case, because they happen to be identical.
However, 3.0.2 will not be the same as 3.2.  The 3.0.2 will only contain
bugfixes, while 3.2 will introduce new features.  There will not be a 3.1.1
or 3.2.1 unless a very critical bug is discovered in 3.1 or 3.2.

If you "just want to run the most stable 3.0", stick with 3.0.x for now
(which is 3.0.1).  If you want to use bleeding-edge features, try out 3.2
when it's released (but be warned that it may not be as stable).

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>