Hi Jean,

You should use 3.0.0-beta1.

TL;DR

DataStax Java driver series 2.2.x has been discontinued in favor of series
3.x; we explained why in this mail to the Java driver mailing list
<https://groups.google.com/a/lists.datastax.com/forum/m/#!topic/java-driver-user/Vu0cD0BguMc>.
We do not advise users to use this series.

So the most recent driver version compatible with all versions of
Cassandra, including 2.2 and 3.x, is now 3.0.0-beta1, although 3.0.0-rc1
will be released very soon.

In spite of its "beta" label, version 3.0.0-beta1 has been thoroughly
tested against all versions of Cassandra and is definitely
production-ready... as long as the Cassandra version in use is also
production-ready. Note however that Cassandra 2.2 and 3.0 are quite recent
and most companies AFAICT do not consider them yet as production-ready.

Hope that helps,

Alexandre

--
Alexandre Dutra