Thanks everyone for the reply.

I actually have a fair bit of questions, but it will be nice if someone
could please tell me the flow (implementation-wise), as to how node-to-node
encryption works in a cluster.

Let's say node1 from DC1, wishes to talk securely to node 2 from DC2
(with *"require_client_auth:
false*").
I presume it would be like below (please correct me if am wrong) ::

a)
node1 tries to connect to node2, using the certificate *as defined on node1*
in cassandra.yaml.

b)
node2 will confirm if the certificate being offered by node1 is in the
truststore *as defined on node2* in cassandra.yaml.
if it is, secure-communication is allowed.

Is my thinking right?

--
Regards,
Ajay