Have you tried restarting? It's possible there's open file handles to
sstables that have been compacted away. You can verify by doing lsof and
grepping for DEL or deleted.

If it's not that, you can run nodetool cleanup on each node to scan all of
the sstables on disk and remove anything that it's not responsible for.
Generally this would only work if you added nodes recently.