No need to restart. As per the doc for Node Discovery:
"The driver discovers the nodes that constitute a cluster by querying the
contact points used in building the cluster object. After this it is up to
the cluster's load balancing policy to keep track of node events (that is
add, down, remove, or up) by its implementation of the Host.StateListener
interface."

See:
http://docs.datastax.com/en/developer/java-driver/3.0/common/drivers/reference/nodeDiscovery_r.html

That said, your client would need to be modified/reconfigured and restarted
if the contact points changed enough that none were accessible.

-- Jack Krupansky