Hello guys!

I am testing the repair inc in my custer cassandra. I am doing my test over
these tables

*CREATE TABLE pns_nonreg_bench.cf3* (
    s text,
    sp int,
    d text,
    dp int,
    m map<text, text>,
    t timestamp,
    PRIMARY KEY (s, sp, d, dp)
) WITH CLUSTERING ORDER BY (sp ASC, d ASC, dp ASC)

AND compaction = {'class': 'org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.
*LeveledCompactionStrategy*'}
    AND compression = {'sstable_compression':
'org.apache.cassandra.io.compress.*SnappyCompressor*'}

*CREATE TABLE pns_nonreg_bench.cf1* (
    ise text PRIMARY KEY,
    int_col int,
    text_col text,
    ts_col timestamp,
    uuid_col uuid
) WITH bloom_filter_fp_chance = 0.01
 AND compaction = {'class': 'org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.
*LeveledCompactionStrategy*'}
    AND compression = {'sstable_compression':
'org.apache.cassandra.io.compress.*SnappyCompressor*'}

*table cf1        Space used (live): 665.7 MB*

*table cf2*
*        Space used (live): 697.03 MB*

It happens that when I do repair -inc -par on theses tables, *cf2 got a
pick of 3k sstables*. When the repair finish, it takes 30 min or more to
finish all the compactations and return to 6 sstable.

I am a little concern about if this will happen on production. is it normal?

Saludos

Jean Carlo

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it" Alan Kay