Thanks Sean and Nirmallaya.

@Jack, We are going with DSC right now and plan to use spark and later solr
over the analytics DC. The use case is to have  olap and oltp workloads
separated and not intertwine them, whether it is achieved by creating a new
DC or a new cluster altogether. From Nirmallaya's and Sean's answer I could
understand that its easily achievable by creating a separate DC, app client
will need to be made DC aware and it should not make a coordinator in dc3.
And same goes for spark configuration, it should read from 3rd DC. Correct
me if I'm wrong.

On Mar 4, 2016 7:55 PM, "Jack Krupansky" <jack.krupan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> DataStax Enterprise (DSE) should be fine for three or even four data
centers in the same cluster. Or are you talking about some custom Solr
implementation?

> -- Jack Krupansky
>
> On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 9:21 AM, <sean_r_dur...@homedepot.com> wrote:
>>
>> Sure. Just add a new DC. Alter your keyspaces with a new replication
factor for that DC. Run repairs on the new DC to get the data streamed.
Then make sure your clients only connect to the DC(s) that they need.

>> Separation of workloads is one of the key powers of a Cassandra cluster.
>>

>> You may want to look at different configurations for the analytics
cluster – smaller replication factor, more memory per node, more disk per
node, perhaps less vnodes. Others may chime in with their experience.

>> Sean Durity

processing using spark on CFS. We would like to limit this DC exclusively
for Spark operations and would like to continue the Application Servers to
continue fetching data from OLTP.

>> Is there any way to configure the same?
>>

>> ​
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Bhuvan
>>

>> ________________________________
>>
>> The information in this Internet Email is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this
Email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this
Email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable
governing The Home Depot terms of business or client engagement letter. The
Home Depot disclaims all responsibility and liability for the accuracy and
content of this attachment and for any damages or losses arising from any
inaccuracies, errors, viruses, e.g., worms, trojan horses, etc., or other
items of a destructive nature, which may be contained in this attachment
and shall not be liable for direct, indirect, consequential or special
damages in connection with this e-mail message or its attachment.