Unless I'm mistaken, nodetool tablestats gives you the number of partitions
(partition keys), not the number of primary keys. IOW, the term "keys" is
ambiguous. That's why I phrased the original question as count of (CQL)
rows, to distinguish from the pre-CQL3 concept of a partition being treated
as a single row.

-- Jack Krupansky