Don't be fooled, despite saying tcp6 and :::*, it still listens on IPv4. As
far as I'm aware this happens on all 2.1 Cassandra nodes, and may just be
an oddity of netstat. It would be unrelated to your connection timeout
issues, that's most likely related to firewall/network issues.

--
Kurt Greaves
k...@instaclustr.com