thanks Vinay and DuyHai.

    we are using verison 2.0.14. I did "user defined compaction" following
the instructions in the below link, The tombstones still persist even after
that.

https://gist.github.com/jeromatron/e238e5795b3e79866b83

Also, we changed the tombstone_compaction_interval : 1800 and
tombstone_threshold
: 0.1, but it did not help.

thanks