Running Cassandra 3.0.7 we have 3 out of 6 nodes that threw an OOM error
when a developer created a secondary index. I'm trying to repair the
cluster. I stopped all nodes, deleted all traces of the table and secondary
index from disk, removed commit logs and saved caches, and restarted the
instances. The 3 nodes that didn't have the OOM error started fine, but the
other three are getting stuck while trying to initialize the secondary
index – which shouldn't even have data to load.

"""
INFO  19:51:59 Initializing notifications_v1.notifications_tray
INFO  19:51:59 Initializing
notifications_v1.notifications_tray.notifications_tray_event_id
"""

The instances spin for a long time then throw an OutOfMemoryError.

I don't need to save this table, but I do need to save other keyspaces. Is
there any way I can get these nodes operational again?