Hi,

I have a cluster running 2.0.9 with 2 data centers. I noticed that
'nodetool repair -pr keyspace cf' runs very slow (OpsCenter shows that the
node's data size is 39 GB and the largest SSTable size is like 7 GB so the
column family is not huge, SizeTieredCompactionStrategy is used). Repairing
a column family on a single node takes over 5 hours. So I am wondering if I
can use option '-local' and '-pr' together, hoping to get some speed up.
But according to documentation at
https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/tools/toolsRepair.html
'...Do not use -pr with this option to repair only a local data center...'.
Can someone tell me the reason why we should not use options '-local' and
'-pr' together?

Thanks.

George