Hi Jerome,

The node being drained stops listening to requests but the other nodes
being coordinators for given requests will store hints for that downed node
for a configured period of time (max_hint_window_in_ms is 3 hours by
default). If the downed node is back online in this time window it will
receive hints from other nodes in the cluster and eventually catch up.
What is your typical maintenance downtime?

Regards,
Matija