I listened to a talk about the new Cassandra 3 file (sstable) format. One
takeaway was that the new format supports sparse data better. That is, is
you have 2000 columns, but only setting some of the columns, the disk usage
will be much less.

Cheers,
Jens

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 10:24 PM Dorian Hoxha <dorian.ho...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> @DuyHai
> I know they don't support.
> I need key+value mapping, not just "values" or just "keys".
>
> I'll use the lucene index.
>

> On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 10:23 PM, DuyHai Doan <doanduy...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I'd advise anyone against using the old native secondary index ... You'll
>> get poor performance (that's the main reason why some people developed
>> SASI).
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 10:20 PM, Hannu Kröger <hkro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The ‘old-fashioned’ secondary indexes do support index of collection
>>> values:
>>> https://docs.datastax.com/en/cql/3.1/cql/ddl/ddlIndexColl.html
>>>
>>> Br,
>>> Hannu
>>>
>>> On 15 Sep 2016, at 15:59, DuyHai Doan <doanduy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> "But the problem is I can't use secondary indexing "where int25=5",
>>> while with normal columns I can."
>>>
>>> You have many objectives that contradict themselves in term of impl.
>>>
>>> Right now you're unlucky, SASI does not support indexing collections yet
>>> (it may come in future, when ?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
>>>
>>> If you're using DSE Search or Stratio Lucene Index, you can index map
>>> values

> --

Jens Rantil
Backend Developer @ Tink

Tink AB, Wallingatan 5, 111 60 Stockholm, Sweden
For urgent matters you can reach me at +46-708-84 18 32.