Hi,

We have a Cassandra 3.0.8 cluster (recently upgraded from 2.1.15) currently
running in two data centers (13 and 19 nodes, RF3 in both). We are adding a
third data center before decommissioning one of the earlier ones.
Installing Cassandra (3.0.8) goes fine and all the nodes join the cluster
(not set to bootstrap, as documented in
https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/3.0/cassandra/operations/opsAddDCToCluster.html
).

When trying to rebuild nodes in the new DC from a previous DC (nodetool
rebuild -- DC1), we get the following error:

Unable to find sufficient sources for streaming range
(597769692463489739,597931451954862346] in keyspace system_distributed

The same error occurs which ever of the 2 existing DCs we try to rebuild
from.

We run pr repairs (nodetool repair -pr) on all nodes twice a week via cron.

Any advice on how to get the rebuild started?

Best regards,
Timo