Hi all,

We got recently a OOM error in cassandra, and it happened that cassandra
made the dump in the path defined by debian/init.
<https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/cassandra-2.1/debian/init>

However we defined the CASSANDRA_HEAPDUMP_DIR in the file
/etc/default/cassandra so cassandra must do the dump in it.

Checking the cassandra jvm arguments, I can see that the value of
-XX:HeapDumpPath is charge two times. And the last corresponds to the value
set by default.

I suppose cassandra takes in account the last  -XX:HeapDumpPath and not
that one set in cassandra-env.sh which isn't the expected behavior.

Did anyone get the same behavior ?
<https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/cassandra-2.1/debian/init>

Best regards

Jean Carlo

"The best way to predict the future is to inven
<https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/cassandra-2.1/debian/init>t it"
Alan Kay