Hi all,

We use Cassandra 2.1.11 in our product, and we update the Java Drive from
Astyanax(Thrift API) to DataStax Java Driver(Cql) recently, but we
encounter a difficult issue as following, please help us, thanks in advance.

Previously we were using Astyanax API, and we can insert empty timeuuid
like below, but now we can only insert null timeuuid by cql command but not
empty one. Is there any cql function to insert an empty timeuuid like by
Astyanax?
And this cause a tough problem is that we can not delete the record by
specifying the primary key, like:
*delete from "Foo" where column1='test' and column2='accessState' and
column3='' and column4=(need fill empty uuid here) IF EXISTS;*

key              | column1      | column2 | column3 | column4 | value
-------------+-------------+---------+---------
+---------+----------------------
test by thrift | accessState |              |              |              |
0x5

key              | column1      | column2 | column3 | column4  | value
-------------+-------------+---------+---------+----------+-
---------------------
 test by cql   | accessState |              |             |  null         |
0x5

cqlsh:StorageOS> desc table "Foo";

CREATE TABLE "Foo" (
  key text,
  column1 text,
  column2 text,
  column3 text,
  column4 timeuuid,
  value blob,
  PRIMARY KEY (key, column1, column2, column3, column4)
) WITH COMPACT STORAGE AND
  bloom_filter_fp_chance=0.010000 AND
  caching='{"keys":"ALL", "rows_per_partition":"NONE"}' AND
  comment='' AND
  dclocal_read_repair_chance=0.100000 AND
  gc_grace_seconds=432000 AND
  read_repair_chance=0.000000 AND
  default_time_to_live=0 AND
  speculative_retry='NONE' AND
  memtable_flush_period_in_ms=0 AND
  compaction={'class': 'SizeTieredCompactionStrategy'} AND
  compression={'sstable_compression': 'LZ4Compressor'};

Thanks,
Lijun Huang