It mostly seems so.  The thing that bugs me is that some things acted
like they weren't joining as a normal new node.  For example, I forgot
to mention until I read your comment, that the instances showed as UN
(up, normal) instead of UJ (up, joining) while they were
apparently bootstrapping.

Thanks for the assurance.  I'm thinking (hoping) that we're good.