Hi Users,

I have a single server code deployed with multiple environments (staging,
dev etc) but they all use a single Cassandra cluster but keyspaces are
prefixed with the environment name, so each server has its own keyspace to
store data. I am using Cassandra 2.1.0 and using it to store timeseries
data.

I see thousands of SSTables in only one node for one environment and that
node is running out of memory because of this (I am guessing thats the
cause because I see lots of logs trying to compact that data). All the
other nodes which use other environments too are just works fine but this
not with one environment keeps having this issue.
Given that explanation I have two main questions.

Anyone of you had the similar issue ? If so how did you solve it.

If I want to clean only this keyspace from the full cluster what are the
steps I should be doing ?

Do you think if I shut down the cluster and delete the folder for the
keyspace in all the nodes and restart the cluster would do the job ? Are
there any other steps I need to follow ?
(Reason I ask is if I just truncate from cql still data will be there and
there's seriously something wrong in that table and I'm not sure it will
ever get cleaned up)

Thanks
Lahiru