If the network and both DC's can handle the load it's fine (the new DC
would . You'll want to keep an eye on the logs for streaming failures, as
it's not always completely clear and you could end up with missing data.
You should definitely be aware that rebuilds affect the source DC, so if
it's under load you want to be careful of impacting it.

I'm not sure that memtable_cleanup_threshold affects streamed SSTables,
seems unlikely that the streamed SSTables would also be added to memtables,
however obviously your DC would be receiving writes simultaneously. 0.7
seems quite high, what are your heap settings and memtable_flush_writers?

Kurt Greaves
k...@instaclustr.com
www.instaclustr.com