>The keys however are dynamic in my case.

Why is it problem for you? As you said "if something related to 5 happened,
then i'd get the counter for 5 and increment / decrement it."

So do "UPDATE cnt SET value = value + SOMETHING where id = 5;"

If counter for event 5 exists it will be changed, if not - created set to
initial value.

Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,

Winguzone - Hosted Cloud Cassandra
Launch your cluster in minutes.

---- On Wed, 09 Nov 2016 07:52:29 -0500Ali Akhtar <ali.rac...@gmail.com>
wrote ----

The only issue with the last 2 solutions is, they require knowing the key in
advance in order to look up the counters.

The keys however are dynamic in my case.