As Matija mentioned, quorum is RF / 2 + 1:

RF=1, Quorum = 1
RF=2, Quorum = 2
RF=3, Quorum = 2
RF=4, Quorum = 3
RF=5, Quorum = 3
RF=6, Quorum = 4
RF=7, Quorum = 4

So no, you don’t have to have an odd RF to achieve a quorum, as you see above.
Most people use RF=3 with a minimum of 3 nodes, though.  For RF=3, 2 of the 3
nodes need to be up in order to satisfy a quorum read/write.

If you can’t achieve a quorum and you’re trying to read/write with quorum
consistency then the read/write operation will fail.  You could still do
reads/writes with CL=ONE, though (provided that at least 1 of the replicas was
up).

- Max