cassandra.yaml has various timeouts such as read_request_timeout,
range_request_timeout, write_request_timeout, etc.  The driver does as well
(via Cluster -> Configuration -> SocketOptions -> setReadTimeoutMillis).

Not sure if you can (or would want to) set them to "forever", but it's a
starting point.