Actually, the problem is related to CASSANDRA-11430
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-11430>.

Before 2.2.6, the notification service did not work with newly deprecated
repair methods, on which Reaper still currently relies.
C* 2.2.6 and onwards are not affected by this problem and work fine with
Reaper.

We're working on switching to the new repair method for 2.2 and 3.0/3.x,
which should be ready in a few days/weeks.

When using incremental repair, watch out for CASSANDRA-11696 which was
fixed in C* 2.1.15, 2.2.7, 3.0.8 and 3.8. In prior versions, unrepaired
SSTables can be marked as repaired, and thus never be repaired.

Cheers,