Hello guys

I have a table with 34Gb of data in sstables (including tmp). And I can see
cassandra is doing some compactions on it. What surprissed me is that
nodetool compactionstats says he is compacting  138.66GB

root@node001 /root # nodetool compactionstats -H
pending tasks: 103
*   compaction type        keyspace              table      completed
total         unit   progress*
        Compaction             keyspace1           table_02   112.74 GB
138.66 GB   bytes     81.31%
Active compaction remaining time :   0h03m27s

So My question is, from where those 138.66GB come if my table has only 34GB
of data.

Best greetings

Jean Carlo

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it" Alan Kay