Thanks for quick reply, Jon.

But, what about in case of node/cluster going down? Would there be data
loss if I remove these files manually?

How is it typically managed in production setups?
What are the best-practices for the same?
Do people take snapshots on each node before removing the backups?

This is my first production deployment - so, still trying to learn.

Thanks,
Kunal