We have a process that syncs and manages RF==N and we also control and
manage users, however that entails it's own set of challenges and
maintenance.

For most users I would suggest 3 < RF <=5 is sufficient. Also make sure you
don't use the user "Cassandra" in production as authentication queries are
done at QUORUM.

--
Ben Bromhead
CTO | Instaclustr <https://www.instaclustr.com/>