From: Jonathan Haddad <j...@jonhaddad.com<mailto:j...@jonhaddad.com>>
Date: Friday, February 24, 2017 at 9:42 AM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>"
<user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Read after Write inconsistent at times

WRT to NTP, I first encountered this issue on my first cluster.  The problem
with ntp isn't just if you're doing inserts, it's if you're doing inserts in
combination with deletes, and using server timestamps with a greater variance
than the period between the delete and the insert.  Basically, you end up with
a delete in the future and an insert in the past, and the delete timestamp >
insert timestamp.

+1 to Jan's recommendation on checking for dropped messages.

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 9:35 AM Petrus Gomes