Thank you Eric for helping out.
The reason I sent the question a second time is because I did not see my
question and the first reply from the usergroup.
After I sent the question a second time, I got a personal flame from somebody
else too and so examined my "spam" folders and that's where I found both.
All the same, I got some very valuable pointers and am pasting here as a summary

https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.1/cassandra/tools/toolsRepair.html

https://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/repair-in-cassandra

https://www.pythian.com/blog/effective-anti-entropy-repair-cassandra/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sz_K8UID6E

On 3/15/17, 10:22 AM, "Eric Evans" <john.eric.ev...@gmail.com> wrote:

    On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 12:04 PM, daemeon reiydelle <daeme...@gmail.com>
wrote:
    > Am I unreasonable in expecting a poster to have looked at the
documentation
    > before posting? And that reposting the same query WITHOUT reading the
    > documents (when pointed out to them) when asked to do so is not
appropriate?

    It may be reasonable to assume that people will make a good faith
    effort to read the docs, but what is unreasonable is to presume that
    an RTFM will do any good whatsoever.  In my experience, there is
    almost always a more productive approach.

    > Do we have a way to blackball such?

    No, but no one is making you respond, either.

    --
    Eric Evans
    john.eric.ev...@gmail.com