Hi,

why not used SELECT JSON * FROM as described here
https://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/whats-new-in-cassandra-2-2-json-support ?

Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,

Winguzone - Cloud Cassandra Hosting

---- On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 13:08:30 -0400 S G <sg.online.em...@gmail.com>
wrote ----

Hi,

I have several non-primitive columns in my cassandra tables.

Some of them are user-defined-types UDTs.

While querying them through datastax driver, I want to convert such UDTs into
JSON values.

More specifically, I want to get JSON string for the value object below:

            Row row = itr.next();

            ColumnDefinitions cds = row.getColumnDefinitions();

            cds.asList().forEach((ColumnDefinitions.Definition cd) -> {

                String name = cd.getName();

                Object value = row.getObject(name);

          }

I have gone through
http://docs.datastax.com/en/developer/java-driver/3.1/manual/custom_codecs/

But I do not want to add a codec for every UDT I have.

Can the driver somehow return me direct JSON without explicit meddling with
codecs and all?

Thanks

SG