You CAN have two separate clusters with same name and configuration.
Separation of the clusters is just a matter of defining seed nodes
properly. That being said, it doesn't mean you SHOULD have clusters with
same name.
We usually run same cluster name when testing on test/stage cluster and
deploying same hardware and configuration as a "production" cluster but
they are always in different physical networks and/or VPCs. Just make sure
nodes from one cluster can't see nodes from a seconds one and you are fine.