Sometimes "resetlocalschema" (happened to me, didn't check why) will not
work, and you need to stop the offending nodes and bring them back one by
one.. That solved the issue.

In the cases I've seen this happened the clusters in question where either:

a) A couple of nodes down (cloud provider caused a partial outage) with an
application that would create/change tables every now and then
b) Massive GC pauses around the cluster with a schema change being tried
over and over.

CQLSH stopped working, your nodes died? GC Pauses? Operator mistake?

Regards,

Carlos Juzarte Rolo
Cassandra Consultant / Datastax Certified Architect / Cassandra MVP

Pythian - Love your data

rolo@pythian | Twitter: @cjrolo | Skype: cjr2k3 | Linkedin:
*linkedin.com/in/carlosjuzarterolo
<http://linkedin.com/in/carlosjuzarterolo>*