I did not get your question completely, with "snapshot files are mixed with
files and backup files".

When you call nodetool snapshot, it will create a directory with snapshot
name if specified or current timestamp at
/data/<keyspace>/<columnfamily>/backup/<snapshotname>. This directory will
have all sstables, metadata files and schema.cql (if using 3.0.9 or higher).