From: Jai Bheemsen Rao Dhanwada [mailto:jaibheem...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2017 6:39 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: nodetool removenode causing the schema out of sync

Thanks Jeff,

Can you please suggest what value to tweak from the Cassandra side?

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Jeff Jirsa

On 2017-06-29 13:45 (-0700), Jai Bheemsen Rao Dhanwada
<jaibheem...@gmail.com<mailto:jaibheem...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> Hello Jeff,
>
> Sorry the Version I am using 2.1.16, my first email had typo.
> When I say schema out of sync
>
> 1. nodetool descriebcluster shows Schema versions same for all nodes.

Ok got it, this is what I was most concerned with.

> 2. nodetool removenode, shows the node down messages in the logs
> 3. nodetool describecluster during this 1-2 mins shows several nodes as
> UNREACHABLE and recovers with in a minute or two.

This is likely due to overhead of streaming - you're probably running pretty
close to your tipping point, and your streaming throughput creates enough GC
pressure on the destinations to make them flap a bit. If you use the streaming
throughput throttle, you may be able to help mitigate that somewhat (at the
cost of speed).

For additional commands, e-mail:
user-h...@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user-h...@cassandra.apache.org>

________________________________

The information in this Internet Email is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this Email by
anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our
clients any opinions or advice contained in this Email are subject to the terms
and conditions expressed in any applicable governing The Home Depot terms of
business or client engagement letter. The Home Depot disclaims all
responsibility and liability for the accuracy and content of this attachment
and for any damages or losses arising from any inaccuracies, errors, viruses,
e.g., worms, trojan horses, etc., or other items of a destructive nature, which
may be contained in this attachment and shall not be liable for direct,
indirect, consequential or special damages in connection with this e-mail
message or its attachment.