Thanks Jeff for your reply, yes i agree with what you said but the problem
is --- i am trying this in lower environment which had this system_auth
already created so when i alter keyspace to network topology and enabling
authentication its working great and easy  but in prod we don't have
system_auth to alter yet which i am expecting may cause trouble, so to
level the field and start form scratch i am trying to get rid of
system_auth which i couldn't.

I am trying to enable authentication with zero downtime  i am doing it on
apache 2.1

http://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/operating/security.html#authentication

Thanks
Pranay.