If you upgrade in place:

Stop each node one at a time
Swap binaries
Start each node
Run upgradesstables when all nodes are bounced

If you want to take data from 2.2 and put it into a 3.x cluster, you'll need to
run upgradesstables on it offline somehow (like clone that 2.2 cluster/schema
and run it offline with 3.x upgradesstables), then sstableloader it into place

Note that 3.7 is probably not the version you want - 3.11 is probably much more
stable and solves some serious bugs (or 3.0.14 if you don't need features from
3.7 ). The one exception to this would be if you're using a 3.7 lts branch
(like instaclustr had at one point - and may still have).

--
Jeff Jirsa

> On Aug 1, 2017, at 2:24 PM, Harika Vangapelli -T (hvangape - AKRAYA INC at
> Cisco) <hvang...@cisco.com> wrote:
>
> Please help me understand data migration path from 2.2.3 to 3.7.
>
> 1.       Tried to take snapshot and load the snapshot using sstableloader;
> but it is throwing Streaming Exception.
> Please advise.
>
> Thanks,
> Harika
>

> <image001.png>
>
> Harika Vangapelli
> Engineer - IT
> hvang...@cisco.com
> Tel:
> Cisco Systems, Inc.
>

> United States
> cisco.com
> <image002.gif>Think before you print.
> This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
> of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by
> others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or
> authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply
> email and delete all copies of this message.
> Please click here for Company Registration Information.

  • Cassandra Data migra... Harika Vangapelli -T (hvangape - AKRAYA INC at Cisco)
    • Re: Cassandra D... Jeff Jirsa
      • RE: Cassand... Harika Vangapelli -T (hvangape - AKRAYA INC at Cisco)
        • Re: Cas... Jeff Jirsa
          • RE:... Harika Vangapelli -T (hvangape - AKRAYA INC at Cisco)
            • ... Jon Haddad
            • ... Jeff Jirsa