Hi list,

CREATE KEYSPACE test WITH replication = {'class': 'SimpleStrategy',
'replication_factor': '2'}  AND durable_writes = true;

I'm using C* 3.11.0 with 8 nodes at aws, 4 nodes at zone a and the other
4 nodes at zone b. The idea is to keep the cluster alive if zone a or b
goes dark and keep QUORUM for reading. For writing I'm using ANY.

Using getendpoints I can see that lots of keys are in the same zone. As
fair as I understand a rack solution does not grant full data
replication between racks.

My idea to reach this goal is:

- Change replication_factor to 1

- Start decommission nodes one by node in one zone.

- When only 4 nodes are up and running in one zone change keyspace
configuration to DC using actual data as DC1 and the other 4 nodes as DC2

Is this the best approach?

Thanks in advance.