Calling all super heros.

I have a long standing Cassandra 2.1.12 ring that has an occasional node that
gets restarted and then is flagged with the invalid gossip generation error
leaving him down in nodetool status but the logs make it look like the nodes is
ok.

It’s only when I look at the other nodes logs that I see there are pointing to
the invalid gossip generation error and marking him down.

I know this issue has been fixed in 2.1.13 but how can I Install the fixed
version and roll restart on a production ring without seeing the error?

Any help would be greatly appreciated