Each table in a keyspace is stored as a separate directory in the data
directory. If you many tables you'll have a lot of files. Some file systems
have issues dealing with a lot of files in a single directory. Other than that,
there will likely be some book keeping overhead within the Cassandra process.
How many tables are we talking about here?

Here's more information about it:
https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/3.0/cassandra/dml/dmlHowDataWritten.html
Dinesh

    On Thursday, February 15, 2018, 3:34:49 PM PST, Alaa Zubaidi (PDF)